Utility Accounts

Utility Account information beyond rates and payment options. 

Visit the Utility Rates page for information on your bill or connect with the Utility Department at; 403-934-3133 or utilities@strathmore.ca.

Water Bylaw

The Town of Strathmore’s Water Utility Bylaw provides a baseline and standard for anyone who interacts with Strathmore’s water utility. As outlined in the bylaw, no person shall allow water to run in a wasteful manner. 

The Town of Strathmore is committed to supporting conservation efforts to protect our water supply. 

Town Water Service must not be used to water or irrigate outdoor vegetation including lawns, gardens, shrubs and trees between the hours of 10:00am to 5:00pm on any given day commencing May 1 and remaining in effect until October 31 in a calendar year. 

More information on your Utility Account;
Landlords and Renters

The Town of Strathmore does not open utility accounts in tenant’s names. The utility account for any rental property will be placed in the property owner’s name and the property owner shall be responsible for the payment of the utility bill to the Town of Strathmore.
The property owner may, if they wish, request that the utility bill be mailed to the tenant occupying the premises by completing Schedule "E" of Bylaw 20-26 Water Administration (formerly Schedule "F") and submitting to Strathmore's Utility Department;

Town of Strathmore
General Information
PO BOX 2280
1 Parklane Drive
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1K2.


Visit the Alberta Provincial Government website for information on Landlord and Tenants - Rights and Responsibilities 

The payment of the utility bill will be the sole responsibility of the property owner. Owners are advised that any outstanding, unpaid amounts will be transferred to an active tax account.

The Town requires a minimum of 48 hours notice when terminating service. The customer will be responsible for all charges until service has been terminated as requested.
You may fill out a Change of Address form and send it to the Town Office.  

If the customer chooses to report to the Town when they are leaving for an extended period of time by suppling us with a contact person and phone number, we will notify your contact person if any water consumption is reported during that time. Monthly charges for water, sewer and garbage will still apply during this time away.

For tips on how to prepare your home for a winter leave - Click Here 

Transfer to Tax Roll

The outstanding amount plus a transfer fee will be transferred to the roll of the parcel of land and is subject to collection under the tax recovery process as per the MGA Section 553 (1).

All new owners of a parcel of land requiring municipal utility services shall pay a non-refundable Administration Fee.

No utility account for any parcel of land shall be transferred into the name of a renter. Such account shall be in the name of the owner and any notices will be forwarded to the owner.

Updating Information On Your Utility Bill 

The Town of Strathmore Utility Department requests that residents and business owners keep their address and phone number current in our records.

Visit the Utility Billing Address Change page for to submit updated information.

Utility Bill Mailout Routes
The Town of Strathmore Utility Bills (water, sewer, garbage collection) are produced on a Monthly Basis. Due to this new process, we have divided the town into two reading cycles (Route A and Route B) and thus two billing cycles.

Route A consists of the following areas: Wildflower Heights, Strathmore Lakes, Westmount, Downtown, Westpark Village, Thorncliffe, Parkwood, Green Meadow, Grande Point, Aspen Creek, Ranch Estates, The Ranch. These bills are produced on the 15th of each month for a one month cycle and due dates will be on the 10th of the following month. Penalties will be applied on the 11th of the month (day after due date) if payments have not been received at the Town office on time.  

Route B consists of the following areas: Hillview, Strathaven, Brentwood, Maplewood, Cambridge Glen, Glenwood, Orchard Park, Spruce Park. These bills are produced on the 30th or last day of each month for a one month cycle and due dates will be on the 25th of the following month. Penalties will be applied on the 26th of the month (day after due date)if payments have not been received at the Town office on time.  

Back to Utilities Department Home Page

Contact Us

Town of Strathmore
Department Title
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1
Phone: (403) 934-3133