Mayor & Council
Role of Strathmore Town Council
Strathmore's Town Council is the main governing and legislative body for The Town of Strathmore. The purpose of Town Council is to ensure The Town of Strathmore is providing services the people of Strathmore need and want. They respond to the community's immediate concerns while making time to plan for Strathmore's growth. Town Council has multiple roles. It represent the individual people of Strathmore but also represents Strathmore as a whole. Council members are elected from the community and participate in policy setting, law making and ensure protocol is followed appropriately. The Province of Alberta gives power to Town Council and Strathmore's municipal government to administer the area within town boundaries.
Responsibilities of Strathmore Town Council
Town Council is responsible for:
- determining goals and priorities,
- developing and approving policies, bylaws and major projects,
- planning and providing services and programs,
- setting the tax rate,
- representing the municipality.
- accepting and developing policies and bylaws,
- approving budgets and funding for community groups and events.