Development Applications Permits and Checklists
Strathmore’s Infrastructure, Operations and Development Services Department is responsible for processing applications for development, building, electrical permits, plumbing permits, gas permits, and more. The Town is currently updating our application forms to make doing business easier and better for customers and staff. Click here for the 2019 Business License Application Form.
To better understand the components of a new development or business, please consider the following factors:
- Book a meeting with the Town of Strathmore's Development Services.
- Does the site have the appropriate land use for the proposed use? If not, a Land Use Amendment Application will be required.
- A Development Permit will be required if and once the site has appropriate land use. Click here for a Development Permit Application.
- How long will it take? Here's the timeline for Land Use Amendments and Development Permit Approvals.
- A building permit must be approved after receiving a development permit.
- All Alberta building code requirements must be met to accommodate the proposed use.
- Contact the Town Safety Code Officer to understand potential building code improvements that may be required to ensure your approval.
Please submit applications in person at the Town Hall (680 Westchester Road, Strathmore AB) or you may send applications in electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Permit Applications
Infrastructure and Development Services require applications for most Development Permits. Please select the appropriate application listed below.
For Existing Buildings
For New Constructions
- Commercial, Industrial, Institutional Application
- Residential Low Density Application
- Multi Unit Residential Application (3 or more units)
- Signage - Freestanding and Fascia Signage Application
Developers, Please see the charts below for a better understanding of the foliage required for areas of development within the Town of Strathmore
Click here to see the Eligible Tree and Shrub Brochure for Strathmore
Building and Utility Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit
- Electrical Permit (fillable form)
- Plumbing Permit
- Plumbing Permit (fillable form)
- Gas Permit
- Gas Permit (fillable form)
- Municipal Right of Way Work and Excavation Permit Application
- Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Storm Sewer Connection Information and Application
- Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Storm Sewer Connection Information and Application (fillable form)
- Residential Basement Package
- Uncovered Deck and Balcony Package
- Roof Over Deck Package
- Detached Garage Package
- Shed Package
- Fence Information Package
- Swimming Pool and Hot Tub Package
- Wood or Pellet Burning Stove Package