Transportation Master Plan Update and Survey
Provide your feedback online from December 6 – Jan 2, 2019. Click here to take the survey.
The Town of Strathmore is updating our Transportation Master Plan (TMP). The updated TMP will provide a framework for Council and Administration to assess the capability of the road network, to accommodate new development and is useful in short- and long-term planning and budgeting.
As part of the TMP update, the latest land use data, annexation areas and relevant planning and transportation policies will be reviewed and considered for inclusion, where appropriate.
The updated TMP will:
- Develop a long-term travel demand model
- Evaluate the impacts of the proposed HWY1 bypass and its timing
- Review roadway cross-section standards
- Determine future road network and traffic control infrastructure
- Prepare the concept plan for the Town’s ring road
- Assess the capability of the Town’s existing road network and recommend road infrastructure upgrades or construction to accommodate new development in the short-term, and at 10, 20, and 30 year horizons.
- Incorporate Trails Master Plan into TMP
- Provide order-of-magnitude cost estimates for road upgrades for updating Town’s transportation levies
Stage 1 (Now through January 2019):
- Data collection and existing model development
- Stakeholder and public engagement in-person and online to gather feedback on existing issues and opportunities for consideration in the TMP update.
Stage 2: (through to mid-April 2019):
- Future transportation model development and analysis
Stage 3: (through to May 2019)
- Reporting and documentation for future short- and long-term planning and budgeting
- Public engagement to provide the public and interested stakeholders with the updated TMP and to gather final thoughts on the plan.
We would like to hear your thoughts on existing transportation issues and opportunities related to safety, pedestrian/cyclist connectivity, congestion and the road network.
You can also provide your feedback online from December 6 – Jan 2, 2019. Click here to take the survey.
Date Updated: December 13, 2018 - 1:25 PM