Sports Centre Attendant TOS2019-02
Sports Centre Attendant
Part Time - Casual
The Sports Centre Attendant reports directly to the Sports Centre Programmer. This position requires the successful candidate(s) to be able to work varying shifts, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
This position includes providing outstanding customer service, opening and closing duties, ensuring the safety and security of the Strathmore Motor Products Sports Centre and its patrons, light equipment maintenance/cleaning, and the processing of memberships/drop-in admissions. The successful candidate(s) will also be required to assist with program delivery e.g. score keeping, equipment set-up & take down…etc.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the schedule of programs and leagues by performing effective program transitions.
- Set-up/take-down field house equipment for regular rentals and special events.
- Performing score/time keeping and refereeing responsibilities for various sport leagues.
- Monitoring the safety of all activities and programs and responding to any safety concerns.
- Leading small groups in activities as required.
- Clearing and tidying the field house at closing time.
- Providing support for special events as required.
- Effectively process payments for program registrations and drop-in admissions.
Assist with daily financial monitoring.
- Document all expenditures/revenues for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations for the purchasing of appropriate equipment.
Skills & Experience:
Sense of initiative, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities while respecting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and public relations skills
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively with public and staff.
- Ability to perform general labor, lift/move sports equipment including soccer/lacrosse nets, volleyball nets…etc.
- Ability to work in teams and independently with all types of people.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems in the best interest of the Town.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in keeping with the goals of the Town.
- Previous referee and/or scorekeeping experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age and must hold valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- Consent to disclosure of a Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector.
Education: Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
A complete resume of experience, qualifications and references will be accepted until 4:00 pm, February 15, 2019, quoting Competition No. TOS2019-02 by email to email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Updated: February 1, 2019 - 1:41 PM