Senior Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant
The Senior Executive Assistant to the CAO will provide senior administrative assistance and support for the Chief Administrative Officer by effectively managing the calendar and schedule and performing a wide variety of multifaceted and confidential administrative, analytical and research duties. Duties performed will require considerable confidentiality, attention to detail and independent judgment.
- Provide full scope senior support and assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town of Strathmore
- Provide business analysis and interpretation as well as develop and understand reports including compiling and interpreting metrics and data from across the organization
- Undertake research as directed to compile policy best practices, research, report summaries and findings, survey data and financial reports
- Review, edit and proof a wide range of documents, reports and communication pieces
- Take direction to complete a wide variety of administrative tasks and projects, and proactively anticipates the current and future requirements of the CAO
- Manage scheduling and calendar for the CAO and ensure the execution of required logistics including travel arrangements, meeting planning, presentation preparation, meeting documentation and materials, meeting follow up, etc.
- Collaborate and partner with all department Directors and office functions to deliver on the Mission and Vision of the Town and Council’s priorities and mandates
- Attend Council and Committee meetings as required, at times acting as informal or formal note keeper if required
- Display a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy in a complex government and community office
- Establish strong and positive working relations with both internal and external customers
- Prepare expense reports and other administrative reports for the CAO
- Conserves the CAO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails, letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications
- Supports the CAO and the Senior Leadership Team as a gatekeeper to time, resources and schedule to ensure correct priorities and key outcomes are delivered by the CAO and Senior Leadership Team
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Experience and Education
- Completion of a relevant post secondary education is required
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience
- Experience in a municipal government environment is preferred
- Exposure and knowledge of policy creation and governance is preferred
- Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion and diplomacy
- Fast paced and able to prioritize effectively
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem solver and responsive to shifting requirements
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS office is required
- Exposure, or willingness to learn, additional e-tools including M-files, Escribe, Questica, others
- Positive team player and the ability to work at a high level of professionalism with a variety of team members and stakeholders
Why the Town of Strathmore?
The Town of Strathmore provides a range of services and programs that promote the well being of the Strathmore community, “Where Quality is the Way of Life”. Striving to be a leader in municipal administration and operations, the Town has a strong and engaged team focused on delivering these services to the citizens of Strathmore.
In addition to attractive career opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive insurance and benefits package and a flexible health spending and wellness component
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP) for eligible employees
- Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate
Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications, quoting the competition number TOS2018-46 to: email@example.com
This competition will remain open until December 7th, 2018.
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Date Updated: November 16, 2018 - 2:45 PM