Recreation Facility Operator TOS2018-29
Casual – Permanent
Competition No. TOS2018-29
The Town of Strathmore is an equal opportunity employer, endeavoring to deliver municipal services that promote the well-being of our community of over 13,000 people. We are looking for a highly motivated, hands on individual to become part of the Family Centre Arena & Civic Centre Team as a Recreation Facility Operator reporting to the Family Centre Facility Manager. This individual will have strong communication/interpersonal skills and a focus on positive customer service to effectively execute the daily operations and assign projects/tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Required to communicate tactfully and effectively with the public and other staff.
- Installing and maintaining ice in arena.
- Cleaning interior and exterior of arenas.
- Maintaining ice facilities and equipment and performing preventative maintenance checks.
- Operate and maintain the Civic Centre facility including event set up and take downs.
- Maintaining and updating records such as daily incident reports, daily hazard assessments, procedure manuals and preventive maintenance checklists.
Preferred Qualifications: The qualified individual will have Grade 12 or equivalent, Basic First Aid & CPR, WHMIS. They must have a valid Class 5 drivers license and be able provide a Clean RCMP records check. The following would be an asset: Olympia Ice Cleaning experience and Arena Operator Certification. Experience working with the public and strong customer services still are essential.
We will be using this recruitment for seasonal and part-time recreation facility operator positions that may become available.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, please forward your resume to:
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB T1P 1J1
Phone: (403)934-3133 Fax: (403)934-4713
Attention: Human Resources
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 21, 2017
Date Updated: November 1, 2018 - 3:22 PM