Program Facilitator TOS2019-04
Casual(Up to 29Hrs/Week)
The Town of Strathmore is a vibrant and progressive community of 13,000 people, located on the Trans Canada Highway 40 km east of Calgary. The Program Facilitator develops and delivers child and youth programming through the Town of Strathmore Child, Youth and Family Program. The successful candidate will report directly to the Child, Youth and Family Program Supervisor.
As the Program Facilitator you will have a demonstrated ability to develop, plan and deliver programs and produce positive results. Primary responsibilities for this role will include program development, problem solving, mentorship committed to strengthening community through child/youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Your enthusiasm and drive will provide children with a fun, safe, and supportive environment to engage in various social and recreational opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, heathy eating ad nutrition, positive personal development and wellness; and to engage and support elementary and primary school aged children and families in the community.
- Ensure that adequate records and required reports are maintained and compiled.
- Maintain provincial and municipal standards.
- Open and close building following established security procedures.
- Assist with the research, development and evaluation of programs/services
Education: Diploma or experience in at least one area of study: Early Childhood Development, Child Studies, Recreation, Social Work, Social Development or Community Development.
Skills & Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience, preferably in a recreation/fitness environment.
- Experience working with children, youth and families.
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities while respecting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and public relations skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems in the best interest of the Town.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be open to professional development.
Qualifications: Provide a Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector search and a Child Youth Intervention Record Check is required.
Compensation: The Town of Strathmore offers a competitive salary and EFAP.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please forward a complete resume of experience, qualifications and references, quoting Competition No.TOS-2019-04 by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Town of Strathmore 680 Westchester Road Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1 Fax: 403-934-4713
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Updated: April 3, 2019 - 12:08 PM