Parks Operator TOS2019-01
TERM POSITION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
PARKS OPERATOR (May1–September 2, 2019)
Competition # TOS2019-01
The Town of Strathmore is a vibrant and progressive community of 13,000 people, located on the Trans Canada Highway 40 km east of Calgary. We are looking for a self-driven and highly motivated individual to join the Operations team. Reporting to the Parks Lead, the Parks Operator is responsible to operate a variety of light equipment in completing tasks related to, but not limited to parks, roads, facilities, etc. Up to 15 positions are available for this summer season of May 1 –September 2, 2019.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Operate a variety of light duty equipment (mowers, weed trimmers, back pack blowers, rototillers, skid steer, tractor, etc.).
- Maintain outdoor parks amenities for public use.
- Maintain parks, pathways, green spaces, flower beds, planters, trees and horticultural displays.
- Maintain sidewalks, curbs, gutters and asphalt pavement.
- Assist in Community and Civic events as required.
- Assist in the repair of Town Infrastructure as required.
- Undertake after-hours and weekends duties on a rotational basis.
- Assist other departments with operating duties as required.
- Required to work outside in all weather conditions.
- The expectation of the position is to be able to work until labour day.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, with clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to represent the Town of Strathmore in a professional manner.
- Able to operate various maintenance equipment and tools.
- Can work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Training in First Aid, WHMIS and Flag person Safety are all considered assets.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide their own CSA approved steel toed boots.
Hours: 40 hour work week including weekends and statutory holidays (Canada Day and Heritage Day). Regular operations cover two shifts (Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day and Thursday to Sunday, 10 hours per day).
Prior to beginning work, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract and the successful completion of an RCMP/Police Criminal Records Check. References from recent employers will be required as part of the recruitment process.
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications, quoting the competition number TOS2019-01 to: email@example.com
Or by mail to: Town of Strathmore 680 Westchester Road Strathmore, AB T1P 1J1
This competition will remain open until February 28, 2019. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Date Updated: January 30, 2019 - 3:15 PM