Handi-Bus Driver TOS2019-06
Handi-Bus Driver (Casual Part-Time)
If you are caring, compassionate and a safe driver then we need you on our team!
The Strathmore Handi-Bus is seeking a qualified casual driver to transport clients to local and non-local destinations. This position is ideal for self-employed individuals and those with flexible schedules, who are able to take shifts early morning to early evening, Monday to Friday and occasionally on weekends and holidays.
The successful candidate must:
- Able to assist clients from door to door, by maneuvering clients and wheel chairs and/or other equipment in and out of vehicles utilizing ramps and lifts.
- Have high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience transporting the public as well as basic computer knowledge will be an asset.
- Valid class 1, 2 or 4 drivers’ license, non-probationary and no suspensions over the last 2 years
- Provide a driver’s abstract with less than 3 demerit points and less than 3 traffic violations
- Have or be willing to obtain Standard First Aid
- Complete a Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector)
The driver must be physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
This position is a Safety Sensitive position
Standing, lifting (weight), sitting
Driving is a requirement of this position
Casual part time position
Why the Town of Strathmore?
The Town of Strathmore provides a range of services and programs that promote the well being of the Strathmore community, “Where Quality is the Way of Life”. Striving to be a leader in municipal administration and operations, the Town has a strong and engaged team focused on delivering these services to the citizens of Strathmore.
In addition to career growth opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package including:
Competitive wages and salary
Ongoing training and development opportunities
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications, quoting the competition number TOS2019-06 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition will remain open until April 15, 2019.
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Date Updated: April 12, 2019 - 8:45 AM