Institutional Vote

If a voter is eligible to do so, they may vote at an Institutional Vote location during the dates and times specified.

Note: Only residents of the below locations may cast their ballot in the institutional vote.

Institutional Vote Locations
October 18, 2021 10am to 11:30am

Wheatland Lodge

76 Second Street

October 18, 2021 1pm to 2:30pm

AgeCare Sagewood

140 Cambridge Glen Drive

October 18, 2021 3pm to 4:30pm

Strathmore Hospital

200 Brent Blvd.


 Voter Eligibility Requirements
 VOTER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS pursuant to Section 47(1) of the Local Authorities Election Act:
  1. the person is at least 18 years old,
  2. is a Canadian citizen, and
  3. has resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election and the person’s place of residence is located in the area on election day. 
 Voter Identification Requirements
  • Identification issued by a Canadian government, whether federal, provincial or local, or an agency of that government, that contains a photograph of the elector and their name and current address.
  • Bank or credit card statement or personal cheque.
  • Government cheque or cheque stub.
  • Income or property tax assessment notice.
  • Insurance policy or coverage card.
  • Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee.
  • Pension plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation.
  • Residential lease or mortgage statement.
  • Statement of government benefits (for example, employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit).
  • Utility bill (for example, telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water).
  • Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate.


A letter or form (attestation) confirming that the person lives at the stated address will also be accepted as valid proof. The letter can be signed prior to the vote by any of the following:  

  • authorized representative of a commercial property management company;
  • authorized representative of a correctional institution;
  • authorized representative of a First Nations band or reserve;
  • authorized representative of a post-secondary institution;
  • authorized representative of a facility that provides services to the homeless; or
  • authorized representative of a supportive living facility or treatment centre.

Contact Us