November 19 Facebook Live with Mayor Pat Fule

The next Facebook Live session with Mayor Fule is scheduled for Thursday, December 3 at 1:00pm. If you have questions regarding Strathmore's response to COVID-19 contact

Visit our Business page for Stage 2 Relaunch Information

Safe Indoor Events      Safe Outdoor Events       Safe Entertaining


We MUST Remain Vigilant

New cases have increased Strathmore's active case count to 13 and we have crossed the threshold to 'enhanced' status. The targeted public health measures announced yesterday now apply to the Town of Strathmore. Read more here:
The ban on group fitness classes, team sports, and group singing, dancing and performing activities does not apply to Strathmore.

Please Stay home if you have symptoms. When to isolate:

Changes to the daily symptoms’ checklist for children under 18

A new symptom list for Albertans under the age of 18 will be implemented. This includes the daily checklist used for students and childcare settings. These changes include removing runny nose and sore throat from the list of symptoms that require mandatory isolation for children. Any child who has even one of the core isolation symptoms – which are cough, fever, shortness of breath, and a new core isolation symptom of loss of taste or smell – must still isolate for 10 days or have a negative test result and resolved symptoms before resuming activities.

Get your Flu Shot:

The 2020-2021 Alberta Influenza Immunization program will begin October 19, 2020 – this year’s program is more important than ever. Appointments must be pre booked through your doctor, pharmacist or through Alberta Health Services (AHS) using their online booking tool (available October 13). All Albertans, six months of age and older, are eligible to be immunized, free of charge. For more information visit:

COVID-19 Testing:

For COVID-19 testing please call 811 to make testing arrangements through Alberta Health Services. Asymptomatic testing is limited to priority groups that are most at risk of spreading COVID-19.

-residents and staff in congregate settings

-healthcare workers

-school teachers and staff

-Albertans experiencing homelessness

COVID-19 Cases in our Area:

Alberta Health Services (AHS) has provided a separate area specifically for Town of Strathmore information on their interactive map. Click the ‘Geospatial’ tab to see local information at

An interactive map of regions and their current status on additional preventative measures is available at

Online Case Map for Alberta Schools:

An online school out break map focused on showing the current status of COVID-19 cases in K-12 schools is available on the Government of Alberta website. You can access the map at:

The Town of Strathmore Encourages Face Masks:

Second reading for the Face Covering Bylaw was not passed at the November 18 Council meeting but the Town of Strathmore continues to strongly recommend the usage of masks in public spaces. COVID-19 is an increasing risk for our community. We can minimize the risk to ourselves and each other by working together and following simple public health protocols to stop the spread of COVID-19. Wash or sanitize your hands regularly. Maintain at least two meters of physical distance from other people when out in the community. Stay home if you are sick.

Wearing a face mask can help stop the spread of COVID-19. We strongly encourage wearing a face mask in indoor public spaces where physical distancing may be difficult. An initial first reading of a face mask bylaw was approved. Second and third readings are still required before the bylaw could be passed. Council discussed several amendments to the bylaw and directed Administration to pursue additional research and public engagement to help inform Council’s future discussions. There is no mandatory face mask bylaw in effect in Strathmore at this time.

Businesses are the next line of defence and will continue taking action to stop the spread of COVID-19. At their discretion, they can require customers to wear a mask when entering their business. If you are uncomfortable with this requirement or do not agree with their policy,  it is your choice to leave the establishment.

Masks can be purchased or homemade. There is useful guidance on how to make and wear a mask here:


Strathmore Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is available to answer questions, help access local resources, and provide support with government services. The  FCSS physical office location remains closed to visitors stay tuned for an update on when FCSS Offices are opening.  We are still offering support to families, individuals, seniors and the community. If you know someone who is struggling you can call us Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm at 403-934-9090.

Visit our Support page for more Contacts

Frequently Asked Questions

For information specific to Strathmore please refer to the frequently asked questions below. 

Where are the walking paths in Strathmore?

To address community comments about the increased number of people on the paths, and the need to maintain physical distancing, we turned to our partners for help. The Western Irrigation District (WID) has usable walking paths alongside the canal. This adds over ten kilometres of unpaved walking trails across our community for people to enjoy. 

View the entire system map here.

 view our pathways map

 Q: Where do I get an RV parking permit?

On-street RV parking during COVID-19

Keeping families close – even when they have to isolate – is important to Strathmore. Our new on-street parking permits for RVs will help people in isolation stay near their families while preventing the spread of COVID-19. It’s a simple process – email  to set up a site visit. They’ll provide a permit to post with your vehicle.

Q: Are playgrounds open?

The outdoor facilities below are open for public use:

  • Soccer fields
  • Tennis courts
  • Track and field facilities
  • Skate park
  • Playground equipment
  • Baseball diamonds
  • Disc golf 

Visit our recreation page for more information.

Q: What recreation facilities are open?

Visit our recreation page for more information and check each facility page for site specific details.

Q: How do I access Town services online?

Many Town services can be accessed online through the My Strathmore secure site. Access it at If you are having problems logging into My Strathmore, or you simply have a question about My Strathmore, please contact us at (403) 934-3133 and select Option 1 during our business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Mon – Fri).

Q: Where can I find information on Strathmore Schools?

Updates from Strathmore’s school divisions can be found by clicking the links below. Click here to view the Facebook Live video with Bevan Daverne. 

Golden Hills School Division

Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools

Government of Alberta COVID-19 School Status Map.

Q: What if I hear a rumour about COVID-19
Rumours can spread faster than any disease. If you hear a rumour, your best advice is to go to a trusted source, we recommend Alberta Health Services. AHS is providing regular updates, and is in regular contact with our Town’s emergency personnel. They will contact anyone who has been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 with instructions and safety protocols. We’ll get through this together – keep Strathmore strong by stopping the spread of rumours.
Q: What should I do if I think I have COVID-19?

Visit the Alberta Health Services website:

 Q: Why are some countries and provinces taking different actions to respond to COVID-19?
Every government is responding to the risk of COVID-19 as it applies to their population. Canada is learning from others’ successful ways of reducing the spread, and our provincial health care system is one of the best in the world. Alberta Health Services, the Alberta Government, and the Town of Strathmore are actively monitoring the situation in our region. We are ready to respond as the risk to our community changes.
 Q: Am I safe in Strathmore?
 Wherever you are, the best actions you can take to protect yourself and those around you is to follow simple public health practices: 

 Utilities Frequently Asked Questions

 Q: How do I pay my utility bill without visiting Strathmore’s Municipal Offices?

Please note that Strathmore's Municipal Offices have re-opened to the public during office hours, 8:30 to 4:30.

Residents can still pay for their Town utility services through the following methods:

  • Mail your cheque payment or post-dated cheque to the Town of Strathmore, Utilities Department, 680 Westchester Road, Strathmore, AB T1P 1J1. Be sure to include your bill stub or account number.
  • A night drop box for cheque payments and post-dated cheques is available at the Town Office, 680 Westchester Road. Be sure to include your bill stub or account number.
  • Most banking institutions have the Town of Strathmore listed for making payments via Internet & telephone banking. Please be sure to use all the digits of your account number without the decimal point. Payments are received and processed by the Town within two to three days.
  • With My Strathmore, you can pay your utility bill online securely and conveniently with Visa or MasterCard.  If you do not already have an account, please fill out this online form today to get your account created.  If you require assistance, please call us at 403-934-3133.
  • Credit cards can also be processed over the phone for utility payments. Please call us at 403-934-3133.
 Q: Will curbside garbage collection by Waste Management continue?

Based on available information to date, Waste Management (WM) is maintaining their standard operations schedule. Regular black cart and green cart pick up will remain the same as previously indicated on your weekly schedule.

Q: Is the Waste Management Recycling Yard still open?

The Recycle Yard is open regular hours, seasonally. Click here to see the hours of the Recycling Facility.

Q: Is there any update on EPCOR water services?
EPCOR remains committed to providing Strathmore with safe and reliable water services during the COVID-19 situation, and they have no concerns about their ability to continue normal operations and serve our community. If you have questions about your EPCOR services please call 403 934 9440.
Q: Has FORTIS updated the Town on power services?
 FORTIS has put a plan in place to ensure they are continuing to supply safe reliable power to their customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Q: What update has ATCO provided about natural gas services?
 ATCO has activated response plans to the COVID-19 pandemic. These plans are in place to ensure the critical business services require to operate their system, while protecting the safety and well-being of their employees.

Contact Us