Home Based Business

Home Offices and Home Occupations are two distinct uses and the definitions and regulations for each use can be found in Strathmore’s Land Use Bylaw.

A complete Development Permit Application form, along with the associated fee, is required for a Home Occupation application. Please also complete the following supplementary Home Occupation Application Form for review by Infrastructure and Development Services. Please note that Home Occupations are considered Discretionary Uses in many of Strathmore’s Land Use Districts. Both Home Offices and Home Occupations require a valid Town of Strathmore Business License.

For further information on Home Offices and Home Occupations, please contact Infrastructure and Development Services at (403) 934-3133.