A Gas Permit is required to install, alter, or add to a gas system.
Click here to view the Gas Permit Application Form
Gas Permit Fee Schedule:
Click here to view the Gas Permit Fee Schedule for Residential Installations
Click here to view the Gas Permit Fee Schedule for Non-Residential Installations
Click here to view the Gas Permit Fee Schedule for Propane, Temporary Heat, and Replacement Installations
Who can Obtain a Gas Permit?
A permit issuer may issue a permit in the gas discipline to the following:
- A gasfitter
- An owner who resides or intends to reside in a single family residential dwelling if the gas system serves the dwelling
- An owner of a farm building if the gas system serves the farm building
- A person who has satisfactorily completed a course of training acceptable to the Administrator for the installation of liquefied petroleum tanks
- A person who has satisfactorily completed a course of training acceptable to the Administrator for the installation of natural gas secondary lines
- An owner or operator if the requirements of Section 23 of the Permit Regulation are met
- A certified journeyperson sheet metal worker if the permit if for the replacement of a furnace in a single family residential dwelling including, if applicable, the replacement of the gas piping downstream of the shut-off valves for the furnace
Further information relating to Gas Permits can be found in the Alberta Safety Codes Act and the Permit Regulation.
For more information, please contact Planning & Development at 403-934-3133.
3 April 2017
SPRING STREET SWEEPING Please note signs have been posted for street sweeping on April 20th for Parkwood Area, Green Meadows area Read More...