The Commissioner of Oaths service is available at the Town Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:00 and 4:30 p.m. Please read the following information below with respect to accessing these services:
The Commissioner for Oaths CANNOT / IS NOT:
- A Notary Public.
- Recognized outside of Alberta.
- Provide legal advice.
- Commission documents required under the Dower Act and some insurance documents that waive of rights.
- Authorize Passport documents.
Preparation for Commissioner for Oaths:
- All documents must be signed in the presence of the Commissioner for Oaths
- Photo identification is required.
- Ensure the paperwork is completed including all exhibits if any.
- If your paperwork requires a witness to your signature and the affidavit of execution requires the witness to say that they "personally know you," you must have a witness (who knows you personally) attend Town Office to complete the affidavit.