PLEASE NOTE THE COMMISSIONER OF OATHS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE REST OF APRIL, 2017.
The Commissioner of Oaths service is available at the Town Office on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:00 and 4:30 p.m. Please read the following information below with respect to accessing these services:
The Commissioner for Oaths CANNOT / IS NOT:
- A Notary Public.
- Recognized outside of Alberta.
- Provide legal advice.
- Commission documents required under the Dower Act and some insurance documents that waive of rights.
- Authorize Passport documents.
Preparation for Commissioner for Oaths:
- All documents must be signed in the presence of the Commissioner for Oaths
- Photo identification is required.
- Ensure the paperwork is completed including all exhibits if any.
- If your paperwork requires a witness to your signature and the affidavit of execution requires the witness to say that they "personally know you," you must have a witness (who knows you personally) attend Town Office to complete the affidavit.